Join Our Leadership Team
January 10, 2016
If any of your New Year’s resolutions include volunteering, developing your leadership skills, getting to know more people in the genealogy community, or challenging yourself in a new role, the NextGen Genealogy Network is here to help you check those resolutions off your list.
With a new year comes new leadership, and there are several vacancies on our growing Leadership Team:
SECRETARY: This organized individual serves as the point of contact for inquiries and sends monthly meeting reminders, prepares the meeting agendas, and records the meeting minutes on Google Drive. The Secretary also mails any physical correspondence, including promotional materials, to volunteers, keeping detailed records.
MARKETING COORDINATOR: This creative individual designs promotional materials, including flyers, conference swag, and merchandise for the Zazzle store. The Marketing Coordinator also creates shareable graphics for social media to accompany blog posts and more, adhering to established branding guidelines and utilizing the free online software Canva.
EDUCATION CO-COORDINATOR: This individual should have strong communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with Education Coordinator Shannon Combs-Bennett in order to produce educational videos utilizing Hangouts on Air, create additional educational materials, and work with conference organizers to develop young professional and youth-centered activities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your qualifications and why you are interested in the role no later than 15 January 2016.
Interested candidates should be willing to attend monthly team meetings on Google Hangouts, typically held on a Wednesday evening, and should be prepared to embrace new ideas, new friends, and fun! The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 20 January at 9:00 PM ET.
Call for Volunteers
September 17, 2015
Young genealogists don’t always have a lot of time on their hands. Whether we’re preoccupied with school, careers, families, or all of the above, it can be hard to find a spare hour to research our own family history, much less engage with the genealogical community at conferences or online.
We know your time is valuable. That’s why we’ve broken down our volunteer opportunities into bite-sized pieces. Are you squeezing in one genealogy conference this year? You can spend your lunch break there as a Meetup Coordinator. Are you always on Facebook and Twitter? Do double-duty and help us engage with our online community as a Social Media Assistant.
Read about these opportunities and more below:
- Content Contributor: If you love to write and would like to expand your professional exposure by reaching out to a growing community of young genealogists, consider writing for us. Learn more…
- Social Media Assistant: Can’t stay away from Facebook and Twitter? Volunteer your time online to share content and engage with our active community of young genealogists. Learn more…
- Graphic Design Assistant: If dreaming up eye-catching graphics and getting creative on Canva.com is your idea of a good time, help us connect with the next generation of genealogists. Learn more…
- Community Liaison: Are you planning to attend an upcoming genealogy conference? Do you love to meet new people? Represent our organization wherever you may be. Learn more…
- Meetup Coordinator: Whether you plan to attend a local, state, regional, or national genealogy conference, we encourage you to lead a fun and informal meetup event for young genealogists. Learn more…
Have a different idea? Complete our Volunteer Application and let us know how you’d like to get involved. We would love to have you join our growing team of volunteers – all dedicated to engaging the next generation of genealogists.