February 21, 2018
One of the biggest events in the genealogy calendar is back and we will be there!
RootsTech runs from February 28 – March 3 in Salt Lake City, Utah. It will be fun and informative 4 days filled with hundreds of speakers, vendors and events.
The NextGen meetup will be held on Thursday, March 1 from 8:30-9:30 pm at the Destinations Lounge at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek (75 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101 USA). It’s directly across from the Salt Palace Convention Center. Feel free to drop by and network with fellow young genealogists. We would love to see you!
We want to give a shout out to a few of the speakers and vendors who are well known NextGen members. You may recognize some of them from our popular Faces of NextGen LIVE! series. Catch up on their interviews by clicking their names below.
- Dan Earl – ‘Every Stone Tells a Story: Cemetery Preservation’
‘Living on Cloud 9: Genealogy Beyond the Binder’
- Daniel Horowitz – ‘MyHeritage-on-the-go: An app for family research’
‘Your MyHeritage DNA results and verifying matches’
- Melissa Finlay – ‘Which Charles is Which? Sort Same Name Folks’
- Jen Baldwin – ‘The Great War: Researching Your British WWI Family’
‘Findmypast: Your Source for British & Irish Research’
‘British Isles Origins in Unexpected Records’
- David Lambert – ‘Understanding New England Probate Records’
‘Researching U.S. & Canadian World War I Ancestors’
- Amie Bowser-Tennant – ‘Deed You Hear About These Underutilized Records?’
‘Get ‘Twitterpated’ with Twitter for Genealogy’
- Paul Woodbury – ‘How Close Are We Really? Evaluating Shared DNA’
‘On Target: DNA Testing Plans’
- D. Joshua Taylor – ‘Big Data: Buzz Word or Family History Revolution?’
‘Records – different sizes, types and names’
‘Call to Action: Diversity in Family History Tech’
- Family History Fanatics – A family company ran by Devon Noel Lee and her husband focusing on bringing genealogy fun to all ages.
- SK Translations – Specializing in German to English translations and run by Katherine Schober
The full RootsTech schedule can be found here
NextGen In Action!
If you are lucky enough to be at Rootstech, don’t forget to snap a photo of you there with the hashtag #nextgeninaction and post it to your social media – bonus points if you are wearing NextGen merchandise, or holding a ‘I am NextGen’ sign!
Your photos will be featured in an upcoming blog review of the event.